About usWho we are and our charity objectives...
Who We Are!
OUR CHARITY OBJECTIVES
A: To relieve financial hardship, distress and suffering among poor people, victims of natural and man-made disasters and other people in need. We aim to carry this out by means of, but not exclusively, creating grants or providing loans to pay for items, equipment, services and facilities, including the establishment of food banks for the benefit of said persons.
B: To advance education for the benefit of the poor, the underprivileged and the general public by means of, but not exclusively, the provision or the assistance in the provision of educational equipment and activities, and the provision of training and resources to school teachers to enhance their quality of teaching.
C: To relieve sickness and to preserve good health among the poor, underprivileged and people in need by means of, but not exclusively, the provision or assistance in the provision of health education and the assistance in the research of treatments of diseases for the benefit of the said persons.
D: To advance the religion of Islam, by means of, but not exclusively, promoting the teachings and tenets of Islam, assistance in the provision of facilities for worship and Islamic education, in accordance with the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH as expounded by the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah School of Thought.’
OUR PURPOSE & APPROACH
• Campaign for change in order to support the development and protection of people around the world.
• Respond quickly to disasters and emergencies, and help communities across the world to prepare for floods, earthquakes and conflict.
• Empower families and communities to help support themselves.
• Engage children and young people to become active citizens of their countries.
• Provide access to quality education in impoverished communities.
• Helping people and organisations locally belonging to communities of diverse backgrounds.
LIA Relief Trust is a charity that will work hand in hand with other major charities and organisations within our city. It is vital that our young people get involved, not only to realise the state of the less fortunate but it gives them much needed responsibility. After all, they are the leaders of tomorrow!
We believe that children and young people should be involved in deciding how we plan, deliver and evaluate some of our projects. As a result, we will;
• Help all those in need – regardless of religion, ethnicity or nationality.
• Involve children and young people in deciding which projects should be delivered each year.
• Ask the community to evaluate the success of our projects and help us to improve what we do and how we do it.
We believe that sustainable development is vital. We want to help people to help themselves, to develop in to independent and confident citizens and leaders of their communities. We believe accountability and transparency are essential to our long term mission. We want donors to have confidence that their investment and generosity is making a difference to the lives of others. As a result, we will;
Operate a 100% donation policy: every penny donated goes directly to make a difference to the lives of the communities and their families.
Use our website to share the activities of every project that is funded by our donors.